I’ve been enjoying reading everyone’s “What I’m Thankful For” each day on Facebook – it’s interesting to read how people measure their gratitude – from things like a cup of coffee to a car that starts every morning. While I’m a firm believer in being thankful for what you have every day, it is nice to see it all on paper – to see just how truly blessed I really am. It is a reminder that there is so much to be thankful for every day…That we need to focus on what we have rather than what we don’t. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what I am thankful for:
- A loving and supportive family.
- A healthy, smart, and beautiful daughter.
- An incredible husband who works hard and makes his family priority.
- My furry friends – they bring so much joy to my life.
- My health (knock on wood, I haven’t been sick, not even a cold, in years).
- The knowledge to heal myself without the use of medications or over-the-counter drugs.
- A warm place to stay with a roof over our heads.
- Food on the table at every meal.
- A hot shower every day.
- Clean water to drink.
- Clothes to keep me warm.
- A car to get around.
- A camera (usually the one on my phone) to snap all the thousands of pictures I take of my daughter.
- People who still send cards and letters via snail mail…it’s a pleasant surprise and a distraction from the usual bills or junk. Besides, it’s so much more personal.
- The friends who text out of the blue just to say hello and check in.
- All the vegan (and gluten-free) bloggers, recipe creators, and cookbook writers – you’ve made life a little bit easier 🙂
- A beautiful place to live – so far, Bend is my favorite city to call home.
- Books – and not eBooks – I love the smell and feel of a real hardcover book.
- Honest people.
- Old and new friends who make life a little brighter.
- The change of seasons – especially Fall.
- The simple things in life – a hug when I need one, a hand to hold, the smell of fresh air, and a long list of other little things 🙂
- People who text and email without the use of a million abbreviations or acronyms – sorry…a bit of a pet peeve of mine!
- Music – awakens my soul and warms my heart – it’s amazing how a song can have such an effect on your mood.
- Great doctors who are respectful of my natural way of life.
- Enemies and unkind people because they have shown me who I don’t want to be.
- All the experiences in life that I have survived – I have learned that I am stronger than I thought.
Goodness, I could go on, but I’ll spare you the much longer list! What it comes down to is the little things. Since becoming a mama, my life feels complete, so anything else is considered an added bonus.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving – may it be filled with lots of love, surrounded by friends & family, and delicious food!