I’ve never been a huge fan of oatmeal…I think it’s a texture thing, but oats are packed with so many wonderful nutrients (fiber, protein, manganese, vitamins, antioxidants) that I had to give them another shot. Back when I did have oatmeal, I remember it being mushy and plain – nothing like the fun and flavorful options out there today. I’ve seen so many creative recipes through Instagram and some floating around on Pinterest, that I decided to give it a go! Since I’ve gotten back into eating oats, I’ve noticed how filling they are – they keep me going until lunch. This recipe that I’m about to share with you has also been approved by Willow 🙂
BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS: Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free
Makes 1 serving
What you need:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries (I use Trader Joe’s frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon of my Tahini/Peanut butter filling
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon raw ground vanilla (optional)
- drizzle of pure Vermont maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (depends on how thick you want it)
- Grab a container with a lid (we LOVE Mason jars) and throw in all of the ingredients listed above, adding your milk of choice last.
- Stir until well combined, adding more milk if needed.
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir it up and add any additional toppings, such as: raw walnuts or pecans, blackstrap molasses, more blueberries, fresh sliced banana…the possibilities are endless! If it’s too thick, you can always add more milk.
** This makes a very generous serving – I often times can’t finish them. You can use 1/4 cup of oats to make a smaller serving and just adjust the amount of milk you add.
If you have a favorite overnight oats recipe, I’d love to hear it!!
Thanks for stopping by!