Pasta was always my comfort food, but after eating it I would feel weighed down and ready for a nap. When I first started getting into raw food, I tried raw zucchini alfredo and fell in love! Unlike your typical pasta, this was light and tasted so fresh. About a month ago I finally bought a spiralizer off of ebay….which can turn your zucchini into spaghetti thin strands. Tonight I created my own recipe for raw zucchini pasta and wanted to share the recipe with you! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 organic zucchini
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 organic Roma tomatoes
- 2 large spoonfuls of raw organic tahini
- nutritional yeast to taste
- water (as needed to reach desired consistency)
- seasonings to taste (I used Himalayan sea salt, oregano, and Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
- toppings of your choice (I used black olives and sautéed shiitake mushrooms)
Use a spiralizer to get the zucchini into thin strands and set aside. Next, blend the tomatoes, tahini, seasonings, and nutritional yeast. Add water if needed. This next step is optional….transfer the mixture to a double boiler and lightly heat to smooth out any chunks of tahini that remain. I only heated for a couple of minutes so as not to cook the sauce. Top the zucchini “noodles” with diced peppers and sauce. I lightly sautéed some shiitake mushrooms in coconut oil to use for my final topping (along with some black olives). Dish it all up into bowls or plates…and ENJOY!
We used the Saladacco Spiral Slicer; here’s what it looks like:
This Raw Zucchini Pasta sounds absolutely delish! I never heard of a recipe like this so I can’t wait to try it. I really enjoyed reading this.